1. All the books on my nightstand. My Bible. Sylvia Plath, Marilyn Monroe, Gwendolyn Brooks, Eve Ewing, Samantha Irby, Elizabeth Ellen, Diana Gabaldon, Silas House, Dana Johnson, Lydia Davis.
2. My lipglosses, coconut oil, my bottle of Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere, pens, pens, pens, highlighters, some more earrings. Two other manuscripts I'm working on. A copy of the Kentucky Music issue of Oxford American because I wrote an essay about Sturgill Simpson that's in there and he's on the cover! 3. All the inspiration I have hanging on my walls: Lana Del Rey, Harry Styles, Misty Copeland, Serena Williams, Jim Morrison, Kip Moore, Sufjan Stevens, Aaron Tveit, postcards from my girlfriends, photobooth pics of me and my husband, pics of me and my husband on our honeymoon in New Mexico, the congratulations this is happening email from my literary agent re: selling my novel, some paper cranes, some drawings from my kids, etc.
4. Our Lady of Guadalupe candles/figurines
5. Hanging on the wall: a cow skull with gold horns
6. More twinkle lights
7. My oil diffuser: lavender + lemon + one drop of patchouli
8. My weighted blanket, some more blankets I knit
9. My light therapy box
10. Some baseballs
11. My air filter
12. Pictures of my babies
13. A painting by Jeremy Okai Davis that was the cover of my short story collection Every Kiss A War
14. A poster by Ron Davis for my reading at Wild Fig Books in Lexington, KY
15. My alpaca lamp
16. Books & books & books & books
Leesa Cross-Smith is a Kentucky girl, a homemaker and the author of Every Kiss A War (Mojave River Press, 2014) and Whiskey & Ribbons (Hub City Press, 2018). Her work has appeared in places like Oxford American and Best Small Fictions, among many others. She is the founding editor of WhiskeyPaper and can be found @ LeesaCrossSmith.com.
Whiskey and Ribbons is available for preorder now: https://hubcity.org/press/catalog/fiction/whiskey-ribbons