April 14, 2017
Get to know Kaitlyn Andrews-Rice, Split Lip's former Flash Fiction Editor and current Editor-in-Chief, in our newest feature, 19 Rounds:
1. Early bird or night owl?
Ask my son who wakes up at 4 (sometimes 5) am...kidding. Early bird with a giant bucket of coffee.
2. What was your worst haircut?
The Jennifer Aniston, which my middle school self asked for in a Paris salon like a top-notch American tourist. I have pictures. Do you want pictures? (You do not want pictures.)
(Interviewer note -- we want pictures.)
3. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Dave Matthews Band, #41 (Don't judge). Followed VERY closely by Dixie Chicks' "Not Ready to Make Nice," a song which is sadly still applicable personally and politically
4. Can you roll your tongue?
5. Mayonnaise: yes or no?
Yes, but not too much.
6. What is your least favorite word to come across when reading a book or story?
7. Which movie was better than the book?
The Devil Wears Prada tied with Fight Club
8. What was your first concert?
9. It's Friday night. You're home alone. What did you order for dinner and what's on the TV?
Sushi. QVC. (Again, don't judge. I see you judging.)
10. How do you take your coffee?
11. What expression do you use that most people have never heard?
Bang a left and take a "uey" AKA Turn left and take a u-turn in Bostonian
12. What movie have you seen the most times?
Clueless. Followed VERY closely by Sister Act 2 (Only 2, never 1).
13. What is the best thing you cook or bake?
14. Finish this sentence: More people should be reading....
Split Lip Magazine? Oh, and George Saunders, but I think everyone is already doing that.
15. Favorite time-waster?
16. What's the hardest thing about writing?
17. What's the best thing about writing?
18. What is your favorite sentence from a short story or poem?
"At noon another load of raccoons comes in and Claude takes them out back of the office and executes them with a tire iron." -- George Saunders, The 400-Pound CEO
19. What question were you hoping to be asked?
Margarita or Sangria?
For more about Kaitlyn, check out her bio, website, and latest story in Booth.
Tarantula: A Guest Post from Amy Stuber
March 21, 2019
From the Writing Desk of: Chloe N. Clark
March 5, 2019
Announcing Split Lip's Best New Poets nominees!
March 22, 2019
The Fam Roundup: July 2019
August 5, 2019
Just One Thing with Alex Simand
July 12, 2019
"With an open mind": an interview with Katherine Joyce
July 10, 2019
August 2019 (1)
July 2019 (5)
June 2019 (8)
May 2019 (6)
April 2019 (7)
March 2019 (8)
February 2019 (8)
January 2019 (7)
December 2018 (6)
November 2018 (10)
October 2018 (10)
September 2018 (10)
August 2018 (13)
July 2018 (10)
June 2018 (12)
May 2018 (11)
April 2018 (10)
March 2018 (8)
February 2018 (8)
January 2018 (11)
December 2017 (8)
November 2017 (13)
October 2017 (11)
September 2017 (9)
August 2017 (14)
July 2017 (10)
June 2017 (11)
May 2017 (6)
April 2017 (5)
From the Writing Desk Of
Just One Thing
Real World: Editors
why we chose it